"The Chinese method is thus holistic, based on the idea that no single part can be understood except in its relation to the whole. " ~Ted Kaptchuk
Five-Element Acupuncture is a powerful way to address your whole health care needs. This style of acupuncture is a weaving together of ancient Eastern medicine theory and modern day lifestyle, originally adapted and taught by Professor J.R. Worsley. Five-Element Acupuncture is not only able to diagnose illness according to Eastern medicine, it is designed to treat the cause of the illness, restoring us to a greater sense of well-being.
You will come for an Initial Consultation which lasts between one and a half to two hours. Together we will discuss your medical and social history and discuss your current lifestyle along with any concerns that you may have. Kari will do a pulse and tongue diagnosis and you will receive your first treatment. She will create a treatment plan which addresses your unique needs. Regular once a week treatments for a period of 6-8 weeks is suggested in the beginning. At the 6-8 weeks mark, we then assess the benefits that you are receiving and decide on an appropriate treatment schedule for you, which is typically once every two weeks for a period of time, and then once a month as maintenance, or as needed.
Kari uses acupuncture, acu-detoxification, moxibustion, cupping, gua sha, dietary and herbal suggestions in her practice. Kari specializes in fertility, women's hormonal issues, menopausal symptoms, seasonal allergies, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, addictive habits.
Specializing in Women's Healthcare
Kari Watkins Harvey, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl. Ac. has 15 years of experience in fertility acupuncture, as well as pre-natal and post-natal acupuncture care.
- Have you been trying to conceive for a year or longer with no success?
- Have you spent thousands of dollars on several rounds of Artificial Reproductive Technology, only to have failed?
- Are you exhausted, depressed and out-of-sorts from the emotional roller coaster of trying to conceive? If you are experiencing any of the above, you have come to the right place.
- Do you know when you ovulate? We don’t all ovulate at the same time. How do you decide when you ovulate?
- Are you timing intercourse correctly? Learn how to chart your cycle, and figure out what may be impeding you from conceiving. Charting not only allows you to know when you ovulate, it can also give you more information about your hormone levels.
- Are you aware of the supplements and herbs you can take to enhance your natural fertility cycle?
- Have you looked at all of the foods that you consume, the products that you use in your environment: what is the toxic load of each of these products?
- What undue harm are these products doing to your hormone levels?
- Do you have a low sperm count?
- Do you have poor sperm motility?
- Have you been diagnosed with low testosterone levels?
- And, again, even for men, are you aware what supplements and herbs you can take to enhance your natural fertility cycle? Look at all of the foods you consume, and the health care products that you use in your environment. Are these foods and products harmful to your natural fertility?
- Luteal Phase Defect
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Unexplained Infertility
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Endometriosis and Fibroids
- Compromised Pathway from the Ovaries to the Uterus
- Male Infertility Factor
Acupuncture is commonly used for the following pregnancy symptoms (and thankfully can treat many more symptoms):
- Low Back Pain
- Hip Pain
- Night Sweats
- Emotions related to pregnancy and delivery such as Fear, Anxiety, Sadness
- Hormonal regulation
- Decreases chance of miscarriage
- High Blood Pressure
- Frequent Urination
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Can induce labor
Acupuncture is commonly used for the following postpartum symptoms (and again, thankfully, can treat many more symptoms):
- Postpartum depression
- Postpartum anxiety
- Low milk supply
- Fluctuating moods
- Stressed immune system
- Hormonal regulation
- Pain from the birth process
- Not feeling like self postpartum
The team, led by researcher Eric Manheimer, reviewed seven different studies published since 2002, comprising trials involving 1,366 women undergoing IVF treatment. The women taking part in the trials were given acupuncture immediately before or immediately after the embryo was implanted in their womb. The team found that for every ten IVF cycles where acupuncture was used in this way, an additional pregnancy ensued. Taking all the information from the studies, the team concluded that women who had acupuncture in conjunction with IVF were 65 percent more likely to have a successful embryo transfer, compared to those that had no treatment or were given placebo acupuncture.
Acupuncture is commonly used to treat the following Menopausal symptoms:
- Hot Flashes
- Night Sweats
- Excessive Dreaming
- Fluctuating Moods
- Vaginal Dryness
For more information, email Kari at email@example.com or call 585-315-5155 today!